Carbon emissions, Climate change, Energy Information Administration, Environment, global warming, Greenhouse gas, Kyoto Protocol, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, United States Environmental Protection Agency
The Human Apathy
She remembers the harsh reality of the day
Of unending miseries and unmatched necessities
As dusk begins its journey, she descends in hope
To boast a toast in the name of the achievables!
She descends down lanes occupied by angry mob
Jungles of huge green structures called shelter
Engineering has an all new definition today
She expects it not to change the day after!
She rattles in vengence; redemption she seeks
Of altered mechanics and egoistic desires
A home she beckoned to live in with care
Now a torturous heaven not so far anywhere!
Need is the mother of all inventions she says
But how far and how wide she may sustain?
The wrath of a senseless; self controlled creature
She unleashes the hidden power of destruction…
She assures of a neighbourhood not much the same
Of heaps and lumps of crushed rock everywhere
A pandora’s box she refuses to let go amidst;
The ruthless and pathetic violence she endures to conquer!!
Factors affecting global warming:
- Industrialization: Pollution leading to contamination of environment.
- Deforrestation: Reduction in levels of oxygen content.
- CFC’s, HFC’s,PFC’s: Depletion of ozone layer.
Consequences of global warming:
- Radiation: Exposure to UV and other harmful radiation.
- Water level: Rise in level of water due to melting of glaciers.
- Ecological imbalance: Disruption of life cycle due to pollutants.
- Increase in toxicants: Leading to acid rains.
The UNFCCC held the Kyoto Protocol in 1997 to infuse the awareness of rapid global warming and as on date has 195 participating members known as Parties of Convention. It hosts the Conference of Parties (COP), the latest of which COP-17 was held in Durban.
The BRICS pledge towards a sustainable, green and accountable environment!